Evangelische Theologische Faculteit in Leuven is a unique institution of higher education located in one of the oldest university cities in Europe. ETF Leuven is one of the few evangelical and interdenominational institutions offering university level accredited theological education in Europe, with an impact far beyond national borders. We passionately practice theology in a Bible-based, academic and culturally enriching way. ETF is a flexible, small-scale and ambitious academic institution.
What we offer
We offer you a responsible and varied position in an international environment. As the enthusiastic and knowledgeable head of our theological library, you play a vital role in the service of theological education and research at ETF Leuven and beyond. You become part of a colorful community of motivated staff and students and your work directly impacts the development of people inside and outside of ETF Leuven. Your salary is based on experience and seniority according to internal salary scales. 18h/week.
- Head and motivate our diverse library team which includes student-workers and volunteers
- Consult with the Library Committee and report to the Academic Dean and Administrative Director
- Develop and communicate library policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures
- Develop digital and physical collections, promoting library services to all users
- Oversee and be involved in the cataloguing and circulation processes
- Manage the library budget
- Create a positive, warm and welcoming atmosphere in an academic context
- Postgraduate degree or Master in Library Science with a passion for theology or Master in Theology with strong librarian skills
- Managerial and leadership skills with the ability to motivate volunteer and student library workers
- Fluent in English; fluency in Dutch is an advantage
- Strong computer skills and experience with an integrated library system; knowledge of Koha is an advantage
- Capable to work autonomously and as part of a team in a busy environment
- Passion for sharing knowledge and promoting study
- Motivated to achieve the highest possible standards with available resources
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues, students and external partner
If you meet the above criteria, can identify with the Christian identity of ETF, and desire to make a positive contribution to the mission of ETF, you are warmly invited to apply. The starting date can be decided by mutual agreement. For more information about this position, you may contact Gerson Veldhuizen, administrative director of ETF Leuven via email@example.com. For general information, please consult our website www.etf.edu.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and CV to Gerson Veldhuizen via firstname.lastname@example.org, before 6 July 2020.