Founded in 1965, Liedekerke is one of the largest independent law firms in Belgium with over 110 lawyers and 55 employees in Brussels and London. Our firm is recognised for its innovative thinking and legal expertise. We are a full-service business firm, providing contentious and non-contentious advice as well as transactional assistance in every key business practice area. Liedekerke has an inhouse library to provide knowledge and legal information to our lawyers. Our librarians assist the lawyers in researching legal information and they are responsible for maintaining a large repository of documentation. We are looking for an Information Officer who can join our team. You will start with a part-time employment, this may be increased to a full-time equivalent after a few months.
As an Information Officer you are responsible for maintaining and updating Liedekerke’s library, legal and business information resources. You assist internal clients in their legal and business information needs.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Library management and administration: complete management of the document-processing chain (purchase-treatment-dissemination), including administrative tasks such as treatment of orders, invoices, budget, follow-up with publishers, etc.
- On-demand research to provide support with client matters and business development activities: conducting research in a wide range of legal and business areas (including practice-specific areas of law), while using internal library resources, legal databases, public records, legislative history, company information, news/media, etc.
- Current awareness services: keeping a record of needs (profile of interests) of internal clients; performing research on legal and business topics to provide support (e.g. newsletters, our firm’s website, social media, etc.); monitoring clients, competitors, market trends and regulatory issues for business development activities.
- Management of internal and external (emerging) information sources, products and services: maintaining and permanent updating of Alexandrie, our bibliographic ILS/LMS; constantly evaluating the relevance and the quality of external sources of information, products or services (e.g. legal tech, AI).
- Training internal clients on the use of legal and business information sources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good language skills: Dutch, French and English, both oral and written
- Good command of MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Practical knowledge of an ILS/LMS
- Knowledge of and a keen interest in (emerging) legal and business information sources, products or services (e.g. legal tech, AI, etc.)
- Service and solution-oriented, flexible in defining and redefining priorities
- Well-organized, structured and accurate
- Pro-active, positive and constructive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Enjoys working autonomously and within a team
- Stress resistant and able to remain professional in a demanding environment
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Library & Documentation Management, Law, History, Economics or Communication.
1 to 2 years of relevant working experience
What we offer
- An open, multilingual and stimulating environment with a focus on motivation and team spirit;
- Offices that are easily accessible by public transport (train station nearby);
- The possibility to start working part-time, after an evaluation a few months later this might be increased to a full-time employment;
- An attractive compensation and benefits package (e.g. meal vouchers, insurances, reimbursement for commuting).
How to apply
If you are interested in this job offer please apply online.
View the vacancy on the employer's website