Are you passionate about the academic world? Do you believe research needs to contribute to a better world and has an important role to play in society? Would you like to be in the lead of making us a future proof Open Science organisation, striving for transparent, trustworthy, reproducible research with impact? Let’s talk!
Vlerick Business School is a triple-accredited, international business school at the heart of Europe – ranked number one in the Benelux for executive education and 19 in Europe. We strive to make a difference, offering high quality, interactive and impactful learning journeys and in doing so, helping form positive change-makers with a vision that is rooted in a dream.
At the heart of Vlerick is a team of high-quality faculty members and researchers from all over the world. To stay on top of our game and remain future proof, we are looking for a research coordinator with a main focus on Open Science developments to help us in realizing our objectives for open and transparent research. This way, we aim to promote collaborations, stimulate reproducibility, and trust in science and show the impact of our research on business and society. This person will collaborate closely with the research manager, librarian and legal counsel and report to the research manager.
- Contribute to the development of relevant Open science policies (e.g. regarding Open Access publishing, Open and FAIR data, …) within our business school context.
- Explore and foresee the necessary tools and infrastructure to support good academic practice within an open science culture (data management, open access, IP, GDPR, etc.)
- Provide first-line support regarding research data management by answering questions, giving advice, and setting up training sessions for the Vlerick research community (researchers, professors and DBA participants) in alignment with the existing RDM policies and offices at the parent universities.
- Set-up measurement systems to monitor and report our progress on different Open Science KPIs as defined by the Flemish Open Science Board (FOSB).
- Provide the necessary training for and communication to our research community and the rest of the organisation regarding relevant Open Science policies.
- Define actions and campaigns to engage people to adopt the Open Science mindset and to keep Open Science in the spotlight within Vlerick as part of the annual cycle of activities for the Vlerick research community.
- Align with and maintain the necessary relations with external stakeholders to strengthen us as a future proof Open Science organization (including the parent universities, FOSB,…).
- Stay up to date with current and future trends in the field of academic research and with national and international developments regarding Open Science in particular.
- Be responsible (project owner) for adding and maintaining Vlerick as research institute within the Flemish Research Information Space (FRIS) platform of the Flemish government
- You have an affinity with and an authentic interest in the academic world. A PhD or research master is a plus.
- You are eager to dig into relevant policies and developments regarding Open science and to translate them to the Vlerick context under guidance of the research manager.
- You get energy from engaging with and helping researchers in different career stages.
- You have project management and the necessary technical skills to balance different projects and realize our objectives in the context of Open Science.
- You possess networking and communication skills. You can connect with different stakeholders and are ready to be a credible advisor regarding the creation of an Open Science research culture & organisation.
- You have an excellent written & verbal knowledge of English and Dutch.
- You will be located on our beautiful campus in Ghent or Brussels, in combination with your home office.
- Autonomy and responsibility in a challenging work environment.
- A dynamic, open, and international company culture.
- Opportunities for professional and personal growth.
- Synergy between research and business practice and the chance to build your network.
- A team of enthusiastic, driven colleagues, passionate about learning.
- Flexibility: 30+ holiday days, working from home, flexible benefits based on your individual needs, etc.
- The change to have a real impact and to inspire people to live, learn and leap.
At Vlerick, openness to the world is part of our DNA. We are continuously working towards being a truly diverse, equitable and inclusive place to work and learn at. So, no matter who you are, where you come from, or what your dreams are, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
If you think you meet these criteria, please apply with your resume and motivation letter on our website. We look forward to hearing from you!
Happy to give you more information on the job content: email@example.com.
Contact Lien Van de Velde, Talent Acquisition & Development specialist, +32 487 10 88 04.
Find the original vacancy here.