Founded in 1965, Liedekerke is one of the largest independent law firms in Belgium with 130 lawyers and 60 employees in Brussels and London.
Our firm is recognised for its innovative thinking and legal expertise. We are a full-service business firm, providing contentious and non-contentious advice as well as transactional assistance in every key business practice area.
Liedekerke has an inhouse library to provide knowledge and legal information to our lawyers. Our librarians assist the lawyers in researching legal information and they are responsible for maintaining a large repository of documentation.
We are looking for a Librarian / Information Officer who can join our team.
Essential duties and responsibilities
As an Information Officer you are responsible for maintaining and updating Liedekerke’s library, legal and business information resources. You assist internal clients in their legal and business information needs.
- Library management and administration: complete management of the document-processing chain (purchase-treatment-dissemination), including administrative tasks such as treatment of orders, invoices, budget, follow-up with publishers, etc.
- On-demand research to provide support with client matters and business development activities: conducting research in a wide range of legal and business areas (including practice-specific areas of law), while using internal library resources, legal databases, public records, legislative history, company information, news/media, etc.
- Current awareness services: keeping a record of needs (profile of interests) of internal clients; performing research on legal and business topics to provide support (e.g. newsletters, our firm’s website, social media, etc.); monitoring clients, competitors, market trends and regulatory issues for business development activities.
- Management of internal and external (emerging) information sources, products and services: maintaining and permanent updating of Colibris, our bibliographic ILS/LMS; constantly evaluating the relevance and the quality of external sources of information, products or services (e.g. legal tech, AI).
- Training internal clients on the use of legal and business information sources.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Library & Documentation Management, Law, Legal Practice, History, Economics or Communication is preferred;
- Ideally 1 to 2 years of relevant working experience;
- Very good command of Dutch and English, with a good command of French;
- Good command of MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Practical knowledge of an ILS/LMS is an asset;
- Knowledge of and a keen interest in (emerging) legal and business information sources, products or services (e.g. legal tech, AI, etc.);
- Service and solution-oriented, flexible in defining and redefining priorities;
- Well-organized, structured and accurate;
- Pro-active, positive and constructive attitude;
- Good communication skills;
- Enjoys working autonomously and within a team;
- Stress resistant and able to remain professional in a demanding environment.
What we offer
- An open, multilingual and stimulating environment with a focus on motivation and team spirit;
- Offices that are easily accessible by public transport (train station nearby);
- The possibility to work full-time, with a telework policy that includes 2 days of homeworking;
- An attractive compensation and benefits package (e.g. meal vouchers, insurances, laptop, mobile phone, reimbursement for commuting).
View the original job offer here.