The EUI Library is a small vibrant academic library meeting the research needs of EUI Professors, Fellows and PhD Researchers in the Social Sciences. Our services include InterLibrary Loan, Circulation, Acquisitions, Institutional Repository and Open Science, Cataloguing, Electronic Resources Management, Integrated Library Systems and Journals. Our trainees have the opportunity of working in these services, carrying out both basic day to day library tasks but also being part of special projects.
- Candidates must hold a degree or post-graduate diploma in Library and Information studies (obtained no more than eighteen months prior to traineeship start date). Candidates who are currently obtaining these qualifications will also be considered
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in an international team
- Excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of a second EU language
Conditions for Eligibility
Being a national of a European Union member state, or of a candidate country which benefits from a pre-accession strategy (nationals of non-member states may be accepted depending on resources available).
Type and Duration
Remunerated twelve-month traineeship, the first three months of which constitute a trial period.
Grant, Benefits and Insurance
- Maintenance grant: € 1,350
- Travel expenses: one return trip reimbursed
- Health insurance: obligatory (at own initiative, or through the EUI)
How to apply
If you wish to apply for a traineeship in 2021, please send the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Motivation letter
- You should ask for two people, not related to you, to send a reference testifying to your character, experience, and/or skills, directly to email@example.com
Deadline for applications 31 October 2020 for placements in spring and autumn 2021.