The National Library is the largest scientific library in Luxembourg whose missions and services are part of Luxembourg’s knowledge infrastructure. It is both a national heritage library and a public research library offering access to international works related to all areas of knowledge. The BnL is coordinating the Luxembourg bibnet.lu library network and the Luxembourg consortium for the management of electronic resources. Furthermore, the BnL ensures the maintenance and development of the IT and management tools that are used in common by the network members and the Consortium Luxembourg.
- Contribute to the strategic development for the Luxembourg bibnet.lu library network.
- Prepare the existing ALEPH 23 data for its transition to the next-generation Integrated Library Management System (ILMS).
- Contact point and information management for library network members’ technical or organizational questions and requirements throughout the ILMS integration process.
- Prepare and write ILMS documentation, data sheets and guides.
- Prepare and organize information and training sessions for the libraries of the bibnet.lu network regarding the ILMS.
- Set up and provide a support system for all librarians' questions regarding the ILMS.
- Coordinate and supervise the rollout and further development of the ILMS in forthcoming versions.
Master's degree in Library and/or Information Sciences. Equivalent combination of education and professional library experience will be considered.
- In-depth knowledge of AACR2, RDA standards and MARC format
- Demonstrated knowledge of a library’s processing chains and internal processing workflows
- Strong interest in new communication technologies
- Organizing skills and ability to work in an autonomous way
- Strong analytical skills
- Good social skills
- Proficiency in English and French
- Previous experience using ALEPH or next generation ILMS
- Project management experience
You are a national of a Member State of the European Union or of the European Economic Area.
You meet the knowledge requirements of 3 administrative languages for compensation group A1. An exemption from two of the three administrative languages may be granted under certain conditions. More details on the admission requirements of state employees: https://govjobs.public.lu/fr/votre-carriere/statut-agents/employes-etat/conditions- admission.html (French only)
How to apply
Please apply online via the MyGuichet.lu administrative platform. Applications via email or mail won’t be considered. The application documents (cover letter, copies of the diplomas and CV) need to be uploaded via the MyGuichet.lu interface in pdf format (maximum size 20 MB) by 24 January 2020 the latest.
In addition, please send a copy of your cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to email@example.com with the subject line “Integrated library management system (ILMS) expert (m/f)”.