Founded in 1965, Liedekerke is one of the largest independent law firms in Belgium with over 110 lawyers and 55 employees in Brussels and London.
Our firm is recognised for its innovative thinking and legal expertise. We are a full-service business firm, providing contentious and non-contentious advice as well as transactional assistance in every key business practice area.
The Information Officer is responsible for maintaining and updating Liedekerke’s library, legal and business information resources, and assisting its internal clients in their legal and business information needs.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Library management and administration: complete management of the document-processing chain (purchase-treatment-dissemination), including administrative tasks such as treatment of orders, invoices, budget, follow up with publishers, etc.
On-demand research to provide support with client matters and business development activities: conducts research in a wide range of legal and business areas including practice-specific areas of law, while using internal library resources, legal databases, public records, legislative history, company information, news/media, etc.
Current awareness services: keeps a record of needs (profile of interests) of its internal clients; performs research on legal and business topics on the basis of the profiles of interests to provide support with clients matters and business development activities, e.g. newsletters, our firm’s website, social media, etc.; monitors clients, competitors, market trends and regulatory issues for business development activities.
Management of internal and external (emerging) information sources, products and services; maintaining and permanent updating of Alexandrie, our bibliographic ILS/LMS; constantly evaluates the relevance and the quality of external sources of information, products or services (e.g. legal tech, AI).
Trains internal clients on the use of legal and business information sources so they become more self-reliant.
Bachelor degree in Library & Documentation Management or Bachelor or Master degree in Law, History, Economics or Communication
1 to 2 years of relevant working experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good command of MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Practical knowledge of an ILS/LMS
- Knowledge of and a keen interest in (emerging) legal and business information sources, products or services (e.g. legal tech, AI, etc.)
- Good language skills: Dutch, French and English, both oral and written
- Service and solution-oriented, flexible in defining and redefining priorities
- Well organized, structured and accurate
- Pro-active, positive and constructive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Enjoys working autonomously and within a team
- Stress resistant and able to remain professional in a demanding environment
Apply online and take a look at our current job offers on this website
Annick Verstraete - HR Manager
boulevard de l’Empereur 3, 1000 Bruxelles
T: 02/551 15 15